Being an expat is all about exploring your new surroundings and so far we’ve been very busy bunnies! Atlanta alone is a treasure trove of explorations, never mind adding Georgia and the rest of America to that! The list of places to see, things to do and events to go to is endless!
This is a collection of all the posts about paces we’ve explored so far including Florida, where this little gem was taken:
Expect lots more posts to be added to this page – exploring is our favourite pastime and despite being here for nearly a year and made sure we’ve taken up every exploring opportunity that’s headed our way we’ve only touched the tip of the iceberg – there’s still so much for us to see!
You can read all about where our exploring has taken us so far by clicking on the links below – I thought I’d sort it into US states and then realised we’ve only covered 2 so far! Hopefully that list will grow though!
- 5 Must See Places in Atlanta – Where I think you should go if you’re heading to the ATL.
- Top 5 Atlanta Restaurants…so far! – Our 5 favourite places to eat in Atlanta so far!
- Festival Season is here… – Our first festival of 2014, Summerfest in Virginia Highlands.
- Beer Tasting at the Beer Market – My brother arrives so we take the beer guzzler to the Stout Brothers Beer Market.
- Baby Pandas at Atlanta Zoo: Too cute for words! – We take a trip to see the cutest twin panda cubs ever!!
- Beer Guzzlers at SweetWater Brewery – We take a tour and taste some beer one of our local breweries.
- Exploring: Blue Ridge – We explore the beautiful little town of Blue Ridge, Georgia.
- Bear spotting in the woods! – The German and I head to a cabin in the North Georgia mountains.
- Discovering the farmers market! – We needed a HUGE foodshop, so we thought we’d try the Dekalb Farmers Market.
- Gonna get me some ribs! – If there’s one food you have to try it’s BBQ right? We went to Fat Matt’s Rib Shack in Atlanta.
- Pumpkin Love = A Pumpkin Patch! – Find out what happened when we discovered a pumpkin patch!
- Ghostly goings on! – We take a tour around Atlanta’s oldest cemetery, Oakland Cemetery, after dark…in the run up to Halloween!
- What a load of apples! – We embraced a Fall Georgia tradition – apple pickin’!
- Scarecrow Spotting! – We stumble across the Boo Y’all competition in Roswell.
- A day at the lake! – We head to one of the biggest lakes I have ever seen – Lake Lanier!
- Aways Remember – A visit to Marietta National Cemetery.
- Festival Goers! – A (very wet) weekend at Music Midtown!
- Happy 4th July!! – Our first Independence Day in the States!
- Dawgs at the Dogwood! – Giant turkey legs at the Dogwood Festival!
- Take me out to the ball game… – Our first trip to a baseball game to see the Atlanta Braves!
- Final Four Madness! – The Final Four basketball competition comes to Atlanta.
- A trip under the sea!! – We check out the little (and huge!) fishies at the largest aquarium in the US – Georgia Aquarium.
- A Mountain made of Stone… – We trek (well take the cable car!) up Stone Mountain!
- A Walk in the Park… – We explore the biggest park in Atlanta – Piedmont Park.
- Slam dunk da funk! – Find out how much popcorn I consumed (oh dear!) at our first Atlanta Hawks game!
- A little piece of home…for the German! – We go into the mountains to Helen – a piece of Bavaria in Georgia!
- Time to explore! – Our first exploring trip in Atlanta! It involves the Coca-Cola museum.
- So this happened… – The German and I sneak off to Destin to get married!
- A slice of key lime pie… – We explore the Florida Keys.
- Welcome to Miami! – Find out what happened when we hit Miami! (Yes, some Will Smith is involved!)
- See you later Alligator! – We go alligator spotting in the Everglades.
- Clear water at Clearwater? – You guessed it! We went to Clearwater to check out the beach!
- Road Triiiiiip!!! – We enlist some friends and head off on our first US road trip to Florida!
- Exploring: Las Vegas – Route 66 – We took a drive on that very famous road.
- Exploring: Las Vegas – Fremont Street – We took a trip to the ‘old’ Vegas and this is what we thought of it.
- Exploring: Las Vegas – The Casinos – What I think Las Vegas casinos are like including the smell and tips for cheap drinks!
- Exploring: Las Vegas – The Hotels – I give you a tour of some of my favourite Las Vegas hotels.
- Exploring: Las Vegas – The Strip – Take a walk down the Las Vegas strip with me.
- Exploring: Las Vegas – First Impressions – We hit Vegas, here are my first thoughts about the surreal but wonderful place.
Back home in the UK
- A very British afternoon… – Whilst back in the UK I partake in a British tradition that’s a little piece of heaven – afternoon tea.
- Oh how I’ve missed the great British pub! – We head back to our old local pub!
In the German’s homeland of Germany